No problem, here’s a simple & healthy recipe just for you. : )
FYI: This recipe may have to be adjusted according to how many people you are cooking for.
Chunky Monkey Trail Mix Recipe
- 2 1/4 cup raw walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup raw cashews halves (or other nut of choice. Almonds work too)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (be sure to get big FLAKES not shredded)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2-3 tbsp butter (cut in slices) or at room temp 4-5 tbsp coconut oil to make vegan
- 1 tsp vanilla or butter extract
- 2 cup unsweetened banana chips or dried banana slices
- 2/3 -3/4 cup dark chocolate chips or paleo fudge chunks (we used Enjoy life foods brand)
- parchment paper
- Place your nuts, coconut, sugar, vanilla, and butter (slices) or coconut oil in crock pot. Mix together and place on high for 45- 60 minutes. Stir a few times checking to make sure coconut flakes do not burn. NOTE -Reduce to low after 45 minutes if flakes are cooking faster or browning.
- Then turn to low for the next 20-30 minutes.
- Remove and place crock pot contents on parchment paper to dry out.
- Add in your banana chips and chocolate chips and mix together.
- OPTION II cooking banana chips You can add in your unsweetened banana chips to cook with the nuts/coconut, instead of adding later. But you will need to stir often and cook only 45 minutes.
- Store in air tight container or ziplock bag.
…Enjoy! Any questions just hit me up with a comment below.